The Royal Chapel of Granada it houses the mortal remains of D. Fernando de Aragón and Dª Isabel de Castilla, of Dª. Juana I and D. Felipe I and Prince Miguel. After the conquest of Granada (1492), the Catholic Monarchs decided to build their own sepulchral chapel inside the Cathedral of Granada. In the place where the Great Mosque was located, four buildings are currently located: the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel, the Fish Market and the Church of the Tabernacle.
The design of the Royal Chapel began in 1504, being traced by Enrique Egas (1505-1517) following the wishes of austerity of the Catholic queen.
If what you want is to know Granada and its monuments (Royal Chapel and Cathedral), as well as its surroundings, without a doubt your visit is "Granada Monumental". We have 2 modalities of visit:
Guided tour of Granada Monumental - Join a group
- Join a group of no more than 30 people.
- Languages: Spanish and English.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Itinerary: Cathedral, Royal Chapel and surroundings.
Guided tour of Granada Monumental - Private Guide
- Duration: 2.30 to 3 hours approx.
- Itinerary of the visit: Walk through the City Center, Royal Chapel, Cathedral, Madraza, Alcaicería and Corral del Carbon.
- Languages: Request the language of the visit, we have guides in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Arabic and Japanese.